Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to Reality

Well, Monday marked the end of Thanksgiving break for me and a return to reality. It's a stressful time of year: presentations to give, papers to write, and final exams to study for. I have so many things I could be doing, but I'm writing my blog instead. Obviously, I've got my priorities in order.



I gave one of my presentations today, a fifteen minute speech about film noir (with many photos and movie clips, of course : ) It was to receive honors credit for my class so everybody else's presentations were much shorter. The other topics were some comic book guy, Stephen King, and Marlon Brando (ahh...I enjoyed that one) Anyways, I'm pretty sure I put about half of the class asleep with mine, especially during a clip of Glenn Ford from Gilda. I didn't really care though, at least I found it interesting!



It got me thinking about what my favorite film noirs are and what ones I really want to see. So, here they are:



Favorites:

The Postman Always Rings Twice
Gun Crazy
Night of the Hunter
The Third Man
Gilda
Double Indemnity
Sunset Boulevard
Out of the Past
Leave Her to Heaven

Want to See:

Angel Face
They Live By Night
The Killers
White Heat
Kiss Me Deadly
Touch of Evil
D.O.A.
Where the Sidewalk Ends



Any suggestions??

6 comments:

Nicole Newcomb said...

I'm not exactly sure if it is classified as film noir but "The Third Man" is worth checking out if you haven't seen it. I really enjoyed seeing Joseph Cotten and Orson Welles team up again.

Genevieve said...

I actually have seen it and its amazing! The scene in the sewer is terrific as is the music.

Raquel Stecher said...

D.O.A. all the way.

Genevieve said...

Thanks Raquelle! I'll make sure I check that one out!

B. said...

The Blue Dahlia! Ladd and Lake. Catch on TCM sometime-not on DVD yet. And yes, see Kiss Me Deadly asap :)

Genevieve said...

Thanks for the recommendation B! I've been wanting to see one of the Ladd/Lake movies.